The Heidegger reading group began in Winter 2018. The group has been reading Heidegger’s Contributions to Philosophy since its beginning. Daniela Vallega-Neu attends the group regularly, and is one of the translations into English as well as author of two commentaries on Contributions.
The group may be taken for one credit hour. The structure of the group combined with the difficulty of reading Contributions leads Daniela to require that one be moderately to very acquainted with Heidegger’s work, as well as reading up to where the group is at with Contributions (currently about halfway). The group also has an offshoot that consists mostly of the same participants and is currently reading an unpublished manuscript translation of Heidegger’s On Inception.
- The reading group is not open to all: one must be familiar with Heidegger and the Contributions to Philosophy.
- Meetings are from 4-6pm in Susan Campbell Hall 221.
- For more details, you can contact:
- Daniela Vallega-Neu – email@example.com
- Ricardo Friaz – firstname.lastname@example.org